[Coladam] Call the new Adam Colecovision II

Eduardo Mello eduardo at opcodegames.com
Thu Oct 25 22:07:44 CEST 2012

I understand and I agree that $90 isn't cheap, on the other hand those
things aren't cheap to produce either, specially when we are talking about
a few hundreds. To put that into perspective, Todd asks about $100 to
refurbish existing CV (so you can add another $50 for the CV itself), an
Atarimax SD cart costs $130, and someone was selling a TMS9928 replacement
in FPGA for $100. Still none of those comes in a custom created case or
have offset printed boxes, manuals and catalogs. Those alone are worth
$10K+ to get produced.
So in my opinion, all things considered, $150~$200 would be an incredible
value for a brand new improved CV clone if it comes with a custom case and
professional grade packaging. Of course it would be a collector's item, or
a CV enthusiast item if you prefer, as I have no desires to go mass market,
but personally I would pay that in a blink in the blink of an eye.

Eduardo