[Coladam] Call the new Adam Colecovision II

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 26 03:12:07 CEST 2012

If a CV2 is developed and released in the coming years AND it was to be made
available in a wider scale than just say 200 units through the retrogaming
community (ie: a licensed product by the current holders of the Coleco name
that would be available through other retail means such as Amazon, Wal-Mart,
etc.... again a very tall order), a concerted effort on the part of the
developer and the current holders of the Coleco name would have to be made
to explain how to go about obtaining games for use with the system for those
that aren't in the know.

Basically information would have to be provided about:
- the existence of retro videogame stores
- information on how to search on eBay, Amazaon, CraigList, etc.
- links provided to some of the best web sites that cover the CV like
AtariAge and Digital Press
- links provided to some of the best web based resellers like
www.atari2600.com
- links provided to all the CV Homebrewers websites

there's probably more that could be provided, but those come to mind and
another really big one would be:

- the existence of the AtariMax Ultimate SD MultiCart for playing easily
available downloadable rom files

The other options that come to mind would be to either package the AtariMax
Ultimate SD Cart with the CV2, although that could be cost prohibitive, or
to include an SD Drive in the CV2 that would function as a built-in
multicart.

This way, you circumvent the issue of not being able to supply the games due
to licensing issues, but still make it known that they are easily available
thru numerous means that don't take a whole lot of effort to find.

Anyhow, all this could put a lot of spotlight on the whole CV Scene and the
likes of Nintendo, Sega and others might finally decide to take a look at
what is going on with their licenses. Probably not something that we would
want to happen... that is getting a cease and decist letter from the likes
of Nintendo.