[Coladam] More Colecovision II comments and suggestions

Eduardo Mello eduardo at opcodegames.com
Fri Oct 26 04:03:38 CEST 2012

Offering different video outputs isn't always easy. First we have
differences between analog and digital and going from one to other is
complicated and expensive. HDMI is digital, but we aren't going to find a
TMS9928 compatible solution that offers digital output, only analog. Then
we have differences in color space and progressive/interlaced. Going from
one to other isn't always easy. The options we have for video are all
interlaced, which means that producing a progressive signal might be
difficult without more expensive hardware. The V9958 offers analog RGB
interlaced, and from that we can easily produce composite and S-video.
S-video is actually very good, but it is getting really hard to get new TVs
with that nowadays. From RGB we can get component, which is also analog,
but that involves converting from a color space to another, which isn't
trivial, but not too hard either.

Eduardo

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Joe Blenkle - Comcast <jblenkle at comcast.net