[Coladam] Coleco Controller v. Atari Controller

Joe Blenkle - Comcast jblenkle at comcast.net
Fri Oct 26 07:38:58 CEST 2012

I would say...not completely...the Coleco controller has two separate fire
buttons...Atari only one...games that utilize the second button would be
difficult to play with only one button. Plus you usually need the keypad to
start the game. I have successfully started a game like Donkey Kong Jr. with
a Coleco controller and then unplugged it and plugged in my Atari compatible
Amiga powerstick and played just fine.

But recent messages here...or was it on AtariAge???...suggest hot swapping
controllers is not a good idea. Now I have something else to be paranoid
about...