[Coladam] Coleco Controller v. Atari Controller

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 26 14:54:52 CEST 2012

Kevin:

No, I don't think so. The Coleco Vision uses all the normal up, down, left, right, and fire that you'd find on an Atari compatible controller, so Joe is correct that it will partially work. Unfortunately, the "aim" button, and the keypad are decoded using the same connections that the normal atari connections use, but uses a separate power/ground connection than the atari one uses. The system alternates between decoding one or the other set of buttons, so in essence the Coleco controller looks like two separate controllers.