[Coladam] between earthquakes and hurricanes...

Ron Mitchell rm2892 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:48:26 CET 2012

Yes, thanks. Thinking more about all of you in the east, and watching
developments on the tube. Hope everyone is safe.

Our contribution to the events of the past few days did not touch us
here nor Jeff and Francesca in Vancouver. It served as a wakeup call.
St. John's Ambulance will no doubt run earthquake preparedness
sessions over the next week, and for as long as they think they have a
suitably  scared audience. After  that we'll return to our idle
speculations  about 'The Big One'.

Tektonic (sp??) plates will continue to shift beneath us .

60 million years ago this island of ours was completely under water.
We would do well to remember that. They've just found rather large
fish fossels high atop Mt. Benson, a 3000 ft prak that overlooks
Nanaimo.

End of off-topic rant

Ron Mitchell

Sent from my iPod