[Coladam] between earthquakes and hurricanes...

Rob Bairos rbairos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 11:54:24 CET 2012

"I'll trust God's word over your science any day of the week."

As communicated by the man typing on a computer over a worldwide network
of nodes, satellites and routers also known as the internet...

And no, you are not trusting God's word. Thats dishonest. You  know
perfectly well the Bible is full of literally non-true statements,
that youve come to reinterpret as 'figurative' as necessary.
Previous men much more holier than you swore up and down about the literal
interpretation of many more statements you claim as figurative today.

"You have science, I have God. He's never been wrong. Science is always
finding itself to be wrong. I rest my case."

Again you're lying.  Science doesn't claim truth, its promotes accuracy.
Theory of gravity predicts motions of objects with a certain degree of
accuracy, that can be double blind tested by 'non-believers' so to speak.
Your claim that 'God is never wrong' is merely the observation that you
will reinterpret non-specific writings as necessary, much like someone
will claim their generic factory printed fortune cookie speaks to them
directly.

"He catches the wise in their craftiness";^and again, "The Lord
knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile."
1 Corinthians 3:18-20

Hey thats great. The bible is true? Why? Because it says its true.
This is no different than any other self-referential writing, even
spiritual writings like the Vedas from ancient Inda that predate
Abrahamic writings by a long shot.

"Your answers and Earthly ideas are just more proof that the Bible is
truth."

Making assertions is not the same thing as providing evidence they are
true..

"The Bible even has information that took thousands of years
of science to finally agree with."

No it does not.
But feel free to throw out some vague poetry that you've tortured into
a summary of Quantum Mechanics, or interplanetary motion, etc..
Its always amusing when someone pretends volumes of mathematical or
scientific investigation are somehow equivalent to a cherry-picked
christian/muslim/vedic/scientologist line of poetry.

Or maybe you're confusing knowledge that was well known in its day
with proof of divine origin. In that case, let us stop arguing and praise
the might Zeus, given that the ancient Greeks developed a consistent
model of geometry and number theory.

Cheers
Rob