[Coladam] Turning tapes into DDPs (Frances and/or Richard Clee)

Rob Bairos rbairos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 13:36:35 CET 2012

Finally, is it possible to make a DDP backup via a single-cassette tape

> deck by doing the following:
>

>From my understanding, the tapes use both left and right audio track
simultaneously, so it would be extremely difficult to record both sides
individually and keep them in sync.  I think my brother and I tried
recording one side, then the other without success.   At the time, rumour
had it that it was possible with a tape recorder that recorded both sides
simultaneously.

 That being said, would it be possible to make an audio recording of each
side, and use regular software based signal processing to extract the data?
Syncing would not be an issue as the software could examine both left and
right wav files individually?