[Coladam] AdamCon 2013

Frances and/or Richard Clee cleechez at tamcotec.com
Tue Nov 13 06:02:58 CET 2012

First, the person who has the ultimate decision on  the location of
Adamcon 18h (2013) is Dale Wick. He is the one who volunteered to be the
organizer. He lives in Whitby, ON (a suburb of Toronto) but his first
top of the head observations were that Toronto is impossibly expensive,
Whitby is impossibly dull, and a location east of Whitby in Ontario
(somewhere around Kingston, or possibly Prince Edward County) would be
preferable - especially as it would make it easier for our Quebec-based
members to attend.

Personally, I've had to make my trips into Quebec a two-day journey in
many cases, due to my physical health. In seeking reservations for the
overnight stop, I have been less than impressed with the quality of the
accommodation offered along highway 401, at least for the price charged.
But we could range off the superslab and maybe find something more
attractive physically and financially. Prince Edward County is Canada's
newest quality wine region and has gorgeous beaches.

If this does not work out, remember we were quite successful in laying
on a convention in the Niagara region, which is a little more accessible
to Americans. An encore would be possible.

Two points to remember: first, the price will likely be higher. There
has been much inflation since Adamcon01, and Ontario is a much higher
cost economy. Secondly, you will have to have a passport. Basically,
this is not a Canadian rule; you need it to re-enter the United States.
Canada only wants to see it so they know they can send you back if you
don't qualify to be admitted. But you still have to show you've got it.

But for anything else, ask Dale. He is in charge so he has to make the
call and communicate the answers. And unless he finds it necessary to
back out, which seems very unlikely though there is precedent, that is
how it is.

-rich c.