[Coladam] adamcon arrival

Frances and/or Richard Clee cleechez at tamcotec.com
Mon Jul 15 17:54:05 CEST 2013

FOR THOSE ATTENDING ADAMCON

We are now in Kingston and ensconsed in our Adamcon hotel. Like all
places it has drawbacks  but the rooms are big and the staff is friendly
and helpful. There is a restaurant and bar.

Since we're all driving, you may find locating the hotel a little
confusing, not least because despite the street number the building
(which is a great brick pile) is on the southwest side of the street.

If you are coming from the west, exit 401 at exit 611, Sydenham St.,
turning left at the exit light (south). Keep left as you will quickly (a
few blocks) come to a junction where, although it isn't apparent
(signage is poor) Sydenham St. ends, while Princess St. which joins from
the right bends further right like an extension of Sydenham. Get to the
right as soon as safe after the turn since you will be very quickly at
an intersection that is Taylor Kidd Dr. on the right and John Counter
Bd. on the left and everyone wants to turn left, except you.

Once you clear the intersection you will cross a conservation area and
rail line on a bridge. From the crest of the bridge you will see a
welcome to Kingston sign and a big red building immediately on the
right. That's the hotel.

If you're coming from the east, exit 401 at Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd.
south, crossing John Counter Blvd. then the next major street is
Princess. Turn right and watch for the hotel on your left two or three
blocks along.

We'll be looking forward to your atrrival.