[Coladam] Digital Data Pack failure

Kevin Powers kjpmail at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 22:18:15 CEST 2013

I have a flash memory hard drive from Bob Slopsema and 2 DDP drives.  I
have tried to read two purportedly blank DDP's this afternoon and both spun
for about 20 minutes before returning the "abort, ignore, retry" error
message on the AJM Software FILE MANAGER program.  I then tried to format
each DDP and got the same results (20 minutes of drive spinning followed by
the A/I/R message).  This is a problem because I am trying to create some
extra boot tapes for the flash memory hard drive, because I only have one
at the moment and if it dies then I will never be able to access the hard
drive again.

Can anyone suggest what might be going on?