[Coladam] getting back to you (one thing at least)

Ron Mitchell rm2892 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 04:48:53 CEST 2013

Clipped from my previous (or one of them) from the other day:

One more thing.  I have a document somewhere  - think it might be in the box I'm holding for you -
that explains how to set up EOS Software on a partition so that it will boot on
the hard drive. The procedure is not the same for all programs, and my memory fades.
I'll have to see if I can find that doc..  Again, I'll be back to you.

Unquote

attaching the document I was referring to. Not sure if it will be of any help, but here it is for what it's worth.

With the hard drive on EOS, you have to make sure that you're logged into whatever partition you want to boot from. Block zero of that
partition must contain the code from block zero of the distribution floppy disk that your EOS or SmartBASIC software came on. Then on partition 0  of the hard drive
you would have that same block zero data from the floppy in a file called "BOOT (whatever it is)" ie,  BOOTCALC. That involves using SmartWriter to
create a blank file, then using Filemanager to find out where on Partition zero that file starts, and finally,  copying the data from block zero of
your distribution floppy to that same space.  Clear as mud?

 I think it's all explained in the attachment.

One thing I do know for SmartBASIC programs, you can only have one HELLO file per partition. If you want others on
there then you'd have to have a separate HELLO file renamed to something else. Think you've already arrived at that
conclusion yourself.

Just remember that if you want to boot software from logical drive 3, then you need to be logged on to logical drive 3.

The document attached describes the PowerMATE hard drive, but it should also apply to BJ Lingrel's Mini Wini, and to
and also to Micro Innovations IDE setup. They were all written by Tony Morehen and Guy Cousineau.

Ron

PS  Still working on the other stuff.