[Coladam] The Piano Man

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at comcast.net
Wed Jan 22 22:45:29 CET 2014

Anyone out there have the Davasan Software program called The Piano Man?

It has been in a collection of emulator disk images I have had for years, but never run. Well, today was the first time and I noticed some odd things:

1. When loaded, the program takes you to the 'delete song' menu, not the main menu. (entering '0' returns you to the main menu, however)

2. I wanted to try it, so I created a new song...entered some notes...and tried to save it...but it wouldn't save.

3. As I was going through the program listings for both 'pianoman' and 'piano' I noticed a line in 'piano' (the main program) that read:

350  PRINT CHR$(4); "run piano"

I couldn't figure why the program would be trying to run itself, so I checked the listings in the instruction booklet and that line shouldn't even be in the main program, it is a line in the loader program 'pianoman.'

In short, does anyone actually have a copy of this program that works? Or has anyone experienced these same problems?

thanks

Joe Blenkle