[Coladam] ADAMcon 26 website/registration form are operational

Rich Drushel rfd at case.edu
Thu Jun 5 23:43:27 CEST 2014

	Hi all, I tried to send this out last Wednesday (5/28), when after
another brutal spring semester, I finally was able to get everything put
up.  Unfortunately, the coladam mailing list has been down for the last
10 days or so, at least.

	I have created an ADAMcon 26 website, from which you can download
the registration form.  It is a PDF with data entry fields, meaning that
you can save it and E-mail it to me, as well as printing it and snail-mailing
it with a check or money order.

	http://rinette.cwru.edu/~drushel/adamcon26/

There is also other info (like links and interactive Google Maps to the
hotel website, Cleveland area attractions), though a few things are still
skeletal (driving directions) or in progress (agenda).

	Brief recap:

(1)  Full delegate cost is $500.00 US, adult double occupancy.  This
includes 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and the banquet.

(2)  Day passes are available.  Base rate is $40 US, though since Sunday is
a special day, there are 3 rates available (sessions-no-banquet, sessions-
and-banquet, banquet-only-no-sessions).  Specifics are in the registration
PDF.

(3)  T-shirts are $20.  This is a safe number.  If I end up being able to do
them significantly cheaper, I can refund people the difference.  4XL and 5XL
will likely be more expensive in any case.  My proposed design is available
on the website.

(4)  Deadline for payment in full is 18 June 2014.  That's not long from
now, but the basic $500 delegate rate is the same as was announced 2 months
ago.

(5)  Payment can be by check, money order, or PayPal.  Details are given
in the registration PDF.  It must be $US.  The exchange rate for Canada
is more favorable than it was 2 months ago, but still not as favorable as
a year or so ago.  There is nothing I can do about this :-(

(6)  Break-even attendance at the stated costs is 12 full delegates (6
rooms double-occupancy), which is the contracted minimum.  More attendance
(either full delegates or day passes) will give the convention spending
money to underwrite more amenities.  Less than 6 rooms double-occupancy and
I am on the hook for the difference.  Please, let's get 6 full rooms...

(7)  We need people to do sessions, demos, presentations, how-tos,
show-and-tells, tutorials, you name it.  Some real ADAM and ColecoVision
hardware will be available.  Most people have access to some kind of
emulated system, MacOS or Windows.

	So, please let me know ASAP if you intend to come, either as
a full delegate or on a day pass.  And let me know ideas for sessions.

	Thanks,

	*Dr. D.*

Instructor and Executive Officer     |  imparts / Who hear not for the beating
Department of Biology, CWRU          |  of their hearts."