[Coladam] various Dr. D. ADAM resources currently unavailable

Rich Drushel rfd at case.edu
Sun Aug 17 18:50:12 CEST 2014

	Hi all, a bunch of my ADAM-related stuff is currently offline.

	First, the fan in the power supply for drushel.cwru.edu, my
webserver (which has things like the ADAM Technical Manual, the ADAMcon 13
website, and other resources, failed yesterday afternoon).  This caused the
system to overheat and then crash.  I have a sister machine in storage from
which I can borrow a working power supply, but I will not be able to do the
swap for a few days. Thus, drushel.cwru.edu is currently down.  The dead fan
is easily replacable though, just have to buy one.

	Second, as of last week, Expedient seems finally to have pulled
the plug on junior.apk.net (and the redirect to users.stargate.net).  Of
course, no notice was given.  So, all content that was accessible from
junior.apk.net/~drushel (like my "This Week With My Coleco ADAM" archive
and the ADAMcon VIII webpage) is unavailable.  I have it all archived, but
will have to move it to a different machine and find some way to publicize
the URLs.  I have no ETA for this, since classes start at CWRU in one week
and the start-of-semester crunch has started.  I am sad to see it go; I had
stuff hosted there for almost 20 years.

	If you are desperate for stuff in the short term, there is always
the archive.org Wayback Machine, or stuff in Google's cache.

	*Dr. D.*

Instructor and Executive Officer     |  imparts / Who hear not for the beating
Department of Biology, CWRU          |  of their hearts."